Thank you for taking part in the 2018 Standardized Acceptance Process (SAP). This is the process by which the majority of the GPM/PH residency programs are choosing their candidates for the upcoming academic year beginning in July 2018.
Please read this page carefully and submit the required information.
HOW TO REGISTER
- You will register on this website but this is not a residency application service. Applicants should check with programs to determine the appropriate means of applying, such as ERAS.
- Click on 'Terms of Agreement' and take some time to read the entire document.
- On the form below, enter the following information: First Name, Middle Initial, Last Name, Phone Number, Alternate Phone Number, Email, and Alternate Email. This registration is JUST FOR ACPM SAP and it is not connected to AAMC or any other application system.
- Once you have entered the information, click SUBMIT. By clicking submit, you are agreeing to the terms of agreement.
- Once you click submit, you should receive an email confirming your registration. This will serve as your proof of registration. There is no registration ID or confirmation number.
- Registration is required for all applicants applying to the GPM/PH residency programs that are participating in the process. This will allow ACPM and the programs to communicate with the applicants about the process.
- All candidates must register before January 12
- Click on the Applicants tab to access the list of GPM/PH programs that participate in the Standardized Acceptance Process (SAP) and to see the total number of residency slots offered by each program for positions beginning June 1 to August 31, 2018. This list will be updated throughout November/December 2017.
- There is no fee for applicants.
APPLICANTS FAQ (Revised December 18, 2017)
FAQ for candidates about the SAP.
If you have any other questions about the process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or the programs to which you have applied
RECOMMENDED PRACTICES FOR CANDIDATES
- When the SAP begins on January 22, candidates should check their email frequently and make themselves available by phone or text.
- Candidates should use their prepared rank lists to make decisions about offers quickly and optimally.
- Programs should be notified of candidate decisions to accept or decline offers as quickly as possible. In particular, when a candidate has multiple offers, they should decline all but their most preferred program immediately.
- By noon Eastern on Wednesday January 17, 2018, participating applicants must submit their complete and FINAL rank lists showing their most preferred programs.
- Send your lists DIRECTLY TO ACPM staff at email@example.com. You do not have to submit a rank list on this website. INCLUDE
- These rank lists will be used to identify any mutual first-choice matches. ‘First choice’ candidates for a given program will be defined based on the number of slots a program is offering. For a program with three positions to offer, for example, the top three candidates will be considered first choice candidates. If any of these first choice candidates rank that program as #1, then the program will be notified by ACPM and allowed to immediately make an early offer to that/those candidate(s) between January 17 and January 19 (5:00 pm Eastern Time).
- ACPM WILL NOT contact any applicants to notify them of their match or make any offers on behalf of the programs. ALL OFFERS ARE MADE ONLY BY THE PROGRAMS.
- The first-choice matching between program and the applicants will be done by ACPM staff manually. The ranking information will not be stored ANYWHERE on this website. Hence, ACPM appreciates your patience as we notify the programs on January 17th (afternoon), 18th and 19th.
- When the identified candidate confirms acceptance of the program's offer, the program should notify ACPM (copying the candidate) so that the slot and applicant can be removed the SAP.
- This notification should happen no later than 5:00 PM Eastern on Friday January 19, 2018.
- Programs will make offer by email. Optionally, programs may also contact the candidates by phone, text or other means.
REAL TIME UPDATE TO THE DATABASE
- Updates will begin after 12 Noon on Wednesday January 17, 2018 (first-choice matching)
- ACPM will notify ONLY THE PROGRAMS with the results of the first-choice matching.
- The SAP acceptance date is Monday January 22, 2017. On this date, from Noon Eastern, programs will making offers to the remaining candidates who haven not placed through the first-choice matching.
Access the SAP policy.
CANDIDATE TERMS OF AGREEMENT
Read the Terms of Agreement before you register. You can register until January 12, 2018